Friday, May 29, 2009

Paw Jam



May 2, I volunteered at the annual Paw Jam. Paw Jam is where different Rescue Groups, Humane Societies, Training Facilities, and Dog Bakeries come to raise money for Rescue Groups. So I volunteered from 10 to 1 o'clock and then I walked Rascal around. But first things first.

My sister, bookwormans, and I left home with Rascal at 9:30 a.m. and arrived at 10 a.m. We walked around for about 45 minutes because my shift started at 11 a.m. Rascal was calm, but sort of hesitant. Rascal got a new tennis ball and squeaky toy from Petsmart. Rascal made friends with a deaf Great Dane puppy named Einstein.

At 11 o'clock I went to the park entrance where I was to sell tickets to get in. My sister watched Rascal while I worked the entrance. I saw so many different breeds of dogs that I can hardly remember them all. I met up with Snoopy, a Dalmatian mix (I walked Snoopy when he was at the Humane Society for a 4-H volunteer day).

Rascal meets Snoopy.

Me and Snoopy.


After my shift my sister and I grabbed some lunch and walked around some more. I bought a Paw Jam T-shirt and at 2:30 p.m. we left for home. I had alot of fun and I know that I will be doing it again next year. Rascal had fun and I had fun. And I think those are two very good reasons to go next year. Don't you?

Here's Rascal and me with Reese and Roo.

No comments: