Friday, May 15, 2009

Scary Morning

I was awakened at about 4:20 a.m. Wednesday morning by my mom yelling in a frantic voice to get out to the goat kid pen. I climbed down the steps to my bunkbed and ran to put my boots on. After that I ran out to the kid pen.

There was smoke coming out of the shed. I ran to the pen and opened the door. My sister saw the heat lamp on the floor and glass, but she thought it was parts of a goat. She yelled at me not to go in, but I jumped in and started to pull the goats out. My sister was so relived.

The only goats in there were my show goat, Kiki, and my brothers goat kid, Eva. We grabbed buckets of water and started to put the fire out. By the time we finished it was 5:00 a.m. We put kiki with the big goats and brought Eva inside where I gave her some milk and water.

We are very very thankful that kiki and Eva were safe. Thank God that my mom saw the smoke.

No comments: